|提及的人：||Emmett Till; Rosa Parks; Martin Luther King, Jr.; JoAnn Robinson; Martin Luther King, Jr.; Rosa Parks; JoAnn Robinson; Emmett Till|
Judith Vecchione; Julian Bond; Henry Hampton; Jon Else; Steve Fayer; PBS Video.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); Blackside, Inc.; Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.)
|注意：||Presented by WGBH. Produced by Blackside, Inc., Boston, Mass.
Originally broadcast on PBS.
|制作人员：||Concept/executive producer, Henry Hampton ; series producer, Jon Else ; series writer, Steve Fayer ; camera, Jon Else ... [et al.] ; editor, Daniel Eisenberg.|
|演员：||Narrator, Julian Bond.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (59 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in. + 1 series guide ( p. : ill. ; 30 cm.)|
|其他题名：||America's civil rights years
|责任：||produced and directed by Judith Vecchione.|
First in a six-part documentary series on the American civil rights movement. This episode focuses on the catalytic events of 1954-1956. The Mississippi lynching of 14-year-old Emmett Till led to a widely publicized trial where a couragous black man took the stand accused two white men of murder. In Montogomery, Alabama, Rosa Parks refused to yield her bus seat to a white man. JoAnn Robinson, and the Woman's Political Council, along with the local black leadership, called for a bus boycott that lasted more than a year. The Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., 26 years old, became the leader of the boycott, and and the U.S. Supreme Court ultimately ruled that the segregated bus system was unconstitutional. Ordinary citizens and local leaders began to join the black struggle for freedom. The Southern Christian Leadership Conference was formed. In response, many white southerners closed ranks in opposition to the burgeoning black rights movement. Racial discrimination finally became a political issue.
- Till, Emmett, -- 1941-1955.
- Parks, Rosa, -- 1913-2005.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968.
- Robinson, JoAnn.
- Segregation -- United States -- History.
- Civil rights movements -- United States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- United States -- History.
- Segregation in transportation -- Alabama -- Montgomery.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Alabama -- Montgomery.
- Race discrimination -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- African Americans -- Segregation.
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- To 1964.
- Civil rights -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Race relations -- History.
- Documentary films.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- African Americans -- Social conditions.
- Civil rights.
- Civil rights demonstrations.
- Civil rights movements.
- Race discrimination -- Law and legislation.
- Segregation in transportation.
- Alabama -- Montgomery.
- United States.