|提及的人：||Martin Luther King, Jr.; Laurie Pritchett|
James A DeVinney; Callie Crossley; Julian Bond; Henry Hampton; Steve Fayer; Jon Else; PBS Video.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); Blackside, Inc.; Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.)
|注意：||Title on container: No easy walk, 1962-1966.
Presented by WGBH. Produced by Blackside, Inc., Boston, Mass.
Originally broadcast on PBS.
|制作人员：||Concept/executive producer, Henry Hampton ; series writer, Steve Fayer ; series producer, Jon Else ; camera, Jon Else, Christopher Li, Bobby Shepard ; editor, Charles Scott.|
|演员：||Narrator, Julian Bond.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (59 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in. + 1 series guide ( p. : ill. ; 30 cm.)|
|其他题名：||America's civil rights years
No easy walk, 1961-1963
No easy walk, 1962-1966
|责任：||produced, directed and written by James A. DeVinney, Callie Crossley.|
Fourth in a six-part documentary series on the American civil rights movement. Focuses on a crucial phase in the civil rights movement: the emergence of mass demonstrations and marches as a powerful protest vehicle. In Albany, Ga., police chief Laurie Pritchett challenged Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s tactics of nonviolent mass demonstration. In Birmingham, Ala., school children steadfastly marched against the violent spray of fire hoses and were jailed as a result. The triumphant 1963 march on Washington, D.C. captured worldwide attention and garnered broad national support, helping to shift federal policy.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968.
- Pritchett, Laurie.
- Civil rights movements -- United States.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Alabama -- Birmingham.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Washington (D.C.)
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History.
- Civil rights -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Race relations -- History.
- Race discrimination -- United States.
- African Americans -- Segregation.
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- To 1964.
- Birmingham (Ala.) -- Social conditions.
- Albany (Ga.) -- Social conditions.
- Documentary films.
- Films for the hearing impaired.