Orlando Bagwell; Julian Bond; Henry Hampton; Steve Fayer; Jon Else; PBS Video.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); Blackside, Inc.; Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.)
|注意：||Presented by WGBH. Produced by Blackside, Inc., Boston, Mass.
Originally broadcast on PBS.
|制作人员：||Concept/executive producer, Henry Hampton ; series writer, Steve Fayer ; series producer, Jon Else ; camera, Jon Else ... [et al.] ; editor, Jeanne Jordan.|
|演员：||Narrator, Julian Bond.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in. + 1 series guide ( p. : ill. ; 30 cm.)|
|其他题名：||America's civil rights years
Mississippi, is this America? 1962-1964
|责任：||producer, Orlando Bagwell.|
Fifth in a six-part documentary series on the American civil rights movement. This segment focuses on the personal risks faced by ordinary citizens as they assumed responsibility for social change, particularly during the 1962-64 voting rights campaign in Mississippi. The state became a testing ground of constitutional principles as civil rights activists concentrated their energies on the right to vote. White resistance to the sharing of political power clashed with the strong determination of movement leaders to bring Mississippi blacks to the ballot box. In Freedom Summer 1964, tension between white resistance and movement activists climaxed in the tragic murder of three young civil rights workers.
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Mississippi -- Jackson.
- Civil rights movements -- United States.
- Race discrimination -- United States.
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- To 1964.
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- 1964-1975.
- African Americans -- Suffrage.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History.
- Voter registration -- Mississippi.
- Political participation -- Mississippi.
- Civil rights -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Race relations -- History.
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- Documentary films.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- Race relations
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- African Americans -- Social conditions.
- Civil rights.
- Civil rights demonstrations.
- Civil rights movements.
- Political participation.
- Political science.
- Race discrimination.
- Voter registration.
- Mississippi -- Jackson.
- United States.