Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Documentary television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Henry Hampton; Julian Bond; Blackside, Inc.; PBS Video.
|Notes:||Originally produced as a special presentation of American Experience television program in 1986.
Special features: Interview with Henry Hampton, Profiles; Primary source and graphs; Downloadable study guide.
|Credits:||Edited by Daniel Eisenberg.|
|Performer(s):||Narrator: Julian Bond.|
|Target Audience:||MPAA rating: PG.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (ca. 120 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD; NTSC; stereo.|
|Other Titles:||Eyes on the prize : America's civil rights
Fighting back (1957-1962)
American experience (Television program)
|Responsibility:||a production of Blackside ; [creator and executive producer, Henry Hampton] ; produced and directed by Judith Vecchione.|
Fighting back (1957-1962) : Covers stories detailing the confrontation between state and federal governments over enforcement of the law of equality, which marked an escalation in the struggle for civil rights from which there was no turning back. Deals specifically with the efforts to integrate schools in the South.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Suffrage -- History -- 20th century.
- Segregation -- United States -- History.
- African Americans -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights demonstrations -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Civil rights -- United States.
- United States -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- African Americans -- Suffrage.
- Civil rights.
- Civil rights demonstrations.
- Race relations.
- United States.