Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Trials, litigation etc
|Named Person:||Anna Robeson Brown Burr; John Chamberlain; Henri Gaudier-Brzeska; Edith Hamilton; Samuel Lynn Hynes; James Laughlin|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ezra Pound; Dorothy Pound
|Description:||.20 linear ft. (1 half-size archival box)|
The correspondence includes two letters to Anna Robeson-Burr; six letters, two note cards, and a typed "Literary Note", signed, to John Chamberlain; five letters to Edith Hamilton; two letters to Joan Martindale; and two letters from Dorothy Pound to Edith Hamilton. In his letters Pound discusses poetry, literature, and several poets, including James Joyce and Mirabeau, and mentions Sylvia Beach and the Shakespear Company. Included is correspondence between Princeton Prof. Samuel Hynes and James Laughlin, the poet and publisher, regarding an essay by Pound published in THE COMMONWEAL, and about other Pound material. There is a letter from the US Department of Justice in response to an inquiry from Hynes about the Ezra Pound case. Accompanying the letter is a carbon copy typescript of the treason indictment of Pound, of Oct. 1945. There is also a carbon copy typescript of the "Italian Appeals for the Liberation of Ezra Pound."
The manuscripts include a typed copy of Pound's Canto 21 "Whose World, or Mine or Theirs", and an original manuscript of Pound's "THE DAWN" copied by Dorothy Pound in 1909. Included are two verses by Pound "Oh my dear", and "We are the end", both of which contain sketches by Henri Gaudier Brzeska on the verso. Also included are several royalty receipts to Pound from his writings about Brzeska, a receipt for six pounds received from Pound by Brzeska dated Jan. 30, 1914, a Memorandum of Agreement between the publisher Bodley Head and Ezra Pound to publish a work on Gaudier Brzeska, and "A copy of a document entrusted to me by Zefia Brzeska" signed by Dorothy Pound.
- Burr, Anna Robeson Brown, -- 1873-1941 -- Correspondence.
- Chamberlain, John -- Correspondence.
- Gaudier-Brzeska, Henri, -- 1891-1915 -- Drawings.
- Hamilton, Edith, -- 1867-1963 -- Correspondence.
- Hynes, Samuel Lynn -- Correspondence.
- Laughlin, James, -- 1914-1997 -- Correspondence.
- Indictments -- United States -- Trials, litigation etc.
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Political activity.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Political activity.
- Trials (Treason) -- United States.
- Italy (Fascist Republic : 1943-1945) -- Propaganda.