Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||W W Holden; Jonathan Worth|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
W W Holden
|Notes:||Attack on William Woods Holden, provisional governor and unsuccessful candidate for governor in North Carolina in 1865. Includes quotations and editorial comments from the North Carolina standard and its successors, dated between Nov. 27, 1850, and May 13, 1865, when Holden was the editor of the newspaper.
Followed by "The Standards' opinion of Mr. Worth," dated Oct. 1865.
Text in six columns; printed area measures 50.7 x 39.4 cm.
|Reproduction Notes:||Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. Series 1 ; no. 14697).|
|Description:||1 sheet ( p.) ; 56 x 43 cm.|
|Series Title:||Archive of Americana.; American broadsides and ephemera., Series 1 ;, no. 14697.|
- Holden, W. W. -- (William Woods), -- 1818-1892.
- Worth, Jonathan, -- 1802-1869.
- Elections -- North Carolina.
- Slavery -- United States -- Controversial literature.
- Governors -- North Carolina -- Election.
- North Carolina -- Officials and employees.
- North Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1861-1865.
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Internet resources.