Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mia Fineman; Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.); National Gallery of Art (U.S.); Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
|ISBN:||9781588394736 1588394735 9780300185010 0300185014|
|Notes:||This catalogue is published in conjunction with Faking It: Manipulated Photography before Photoshop, on view at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, from October 11, 2012, through January 27, 2013; at The National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., from February 17 through May 5, 2013; and at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston from June 2 through August 25, 2013.|
|Description:||xvi, 280 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.|
|Contents:||Director's foreword --
Sponsor's statement --
Lenders to the exhibition --
Picture perfect --
Artifice in the name of art --
Politics and persuasion --
Novelties and amusements --
Pictures in print --
Mind's eye --
Discussions of individual works --
Glossary of technical terms.
"Brilliant, exhaustive...extraordinary."-BOMB BOMB "As 'Faking It: Manipulated Photography Before Photoshop'-curator Mia Fineman's illuminating book ...shows us, the habit of aggressively adjusting
- National Gallery of Art (U.S.) -- Exhibitions -- 2013.
- Trick photography -- Exhibitions.
- Photography -- Special effects -- Exhibitions.
- Photography, Handworked -- Exhibitions.
- Photography -- Retouching -- Exhibitions.
- Photography -- Retouching
- Photography, Handworked.
- Photography -- Special effects.
- Trick photography.
User lists with this item (8)
- Senior Thesis(20 items)
by c.nicodemus updated 2016-04-14
- Things to Check Out(15 items)
by wynnmn updated 2015-03-16
- New Arrivals - Winter 2013(138 items)
by aiwis updated 2014-12-29
- Books to borrow on Interlibrary Loan (ILL)(128 items)
by jpharold updated 2014-12-17
- Photomontage and Bauhaus(14 items)
by ehhodges updated 2014-12-07