Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||Whig Party (N.Y.)|
|Notes:||Anti-Democrat broadside accusing New York State's Democratic legislature of creating excessive public debt via legislative acts for the construction and improvement of state canals and railroads.
N-YHS copy on single sheet, total dimensions 31 x 45 cm., probably meant to be separated, with: A direct tax! Recommended by the Loco Foco Party! And opposed by the Whigs. [New York : s.n., 1838].
N-YHS copy: fabric lining.
|Description:||1 sheet ( p.) ; 31 x 23 cm.|
- New York (State). -- Legislature.
- Democratic Party (N.Y.)
- Debts, Public -- New York (State).
- Canals -- New York (State) -- Finance.
- Railroads -- New York (State) -- Finance.
- New York (State) -- Appropriations and expenditures.
- New York (State) -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.