Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Jeffrey R Brackett; Mary Willcox Brown; Daniel C Gilman; John Mark Glenn; Mary Ellen Richmond; Grace Sperow; Amos Griswold Warner; William S Fisher; Jesse Hunt; George L Jones|
|Material Type:||Manuscript, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Family and Children's Society (Baltimore, Md.)|
|Description:||100 linear ft. (53 records center boxes, 11 document boxes, ledgers)|
The records of each predecessor agency of the Family and Children's Society are arranged into separate series. Documents, minutes, and the published annual reports for each agency give a perspective on the mission and resources during particular time periods. Mergers, administration, and financial mangement are well documented.
In the records are related materials of noted early charity workers including Mary E. Richmond whose association with the Charity Organization Society of Baltimore (1883-1929) is revealed through correspondence, minutes, and office files. Biographical material and photographs of Miss Richmond are included. Cooperation with national organizations such as the Russell Sage Foundation is described in conferrence material, correspondence, and reports 1930-1942. Manuals and guides assigned to staff describe requirements and expectations of social workers involved with case work. Published material outlines many methods of outreach to the community.
- Brackett, Jeffrey R. -- (Jeffrey Richardson), -- 1860-1949.
- Brown, Mary Willcox.
- Gilman, Daniel C. -- (Daniel Coit), -- 1831-1908.
- Glenn, John Mark, -- 1858-1896.
- Richmond, Mary Ellen, -- 1861-1928.
- Sperow, Grace, -- 1901-1984.
- Warner, Amos Griswold, -- 1861-1900.
- Baltimore Association for the Improvement of the Condition of the Poor.
- Charity Organization Society of Baltimore City.
- Electric Sewing Machine Society.
- Family and Children's Society (Baltimore, Md.)
- Family Welfare Association of Baltimore.
- Federated Charities (Baltimore, Md.)
- Henry Watson's Children's Aid Society of Baltimore.
- Johns Hopkins University. -- School of Social Work.
- Russell Sage Foundation.
- Shelter for Aged and Infirm Colored Persons.
- Society for the Protection of Children of Baltimore City.
- Society for the Protection of Children from Cruelty and Immorality of Baltimore City.
- Charities -- Maryland -- Baltimore.
- Charity organization -- Maryland -- Baltimore.
- Charity organization -- History -- Sources.
- Child welfare -- Maryland -- Baltimore.
- Family social work -- Maryland -- Baltimore.
- Friendly visiting -- Maryland -- Baltimore.
- Middle class women -- United States.
- Middle class women -- United States -- History -- Sources.
- Social case work -- Maryland -- Baltimore.
- Social service -- United States.
- Social settlements -- Maryland -- Baltimore.
- Social workers -- United States.
- Women in charitable work -- United States.
- Women social reformers -- United States.
- Fisher, William S.
- Hunt, Jesse.
- Jones, George L.