|注記：||1992 ed.: Viqi Wagner, book editor ; Karin L. Swisher, assistant editor.|
|物理形態：||v. : ill. ; 23 cm.|
|コンテンツ：||1992 ed. Contents: The family is in decline / David Popenoe --
The family is in transition / Dennis K. Orthner --
The traditional family is obsolete / Diane Fassel --
The definition of family is expanding / Teresa Marciano, Marvin B. Sussman --
The definition of family should remain limited / Bryce J. Christensen --
Homosexual partners are changing the family / Brent Hartinger --
Homosexual partners are undermining the family / Bradley P. Hayton --
Reproductive technology is changing the family / Ruth Macklin --
Reproductive technology is undermining the family / Donald DeMarco. Divorce is normal / Constance R. Ahrons, Roy H. Rodgers --Divorce is abnormal / Fred Moody --
Divorce harms children / Judith S. Wallerstein, Sandra Blakeslee --
Divorce may not harm children / Diane Fassel --
Divorce laws harm women economically / Lenore J. Weitzman --
Divorce is not the cause of women's economic hardships / Susan Faludi --
Working mothers benefit the family / Robin Parker --
Working mothers harm the family / Juli Loesch Wiley --
Businesses are meeting the needs of two- career parents / Sylvia Ann Hewlett. Businesses are not meeting the needs of two-career parents / Jan Fletcher --
More day care is needed to support two-career couples / Kenneth Labich --
More day care will not solve the problems of two-career couples / Mothers at Home --
Two-career parents spend too little time with the family / William R. Mattox Jr. --
Two-career parents have enough time to spend with the family / Gary Burtless, Robert J. Samuelson --
The government should support traditional families / William R. Mattox Jr. --
Government support for the traditional family is unnecessary / Stephanie Coontz. The government should mandate family leave / T. Berry Brazelton, Patricia Schroeder --
The government should not mandate family leave / Bryce J. Christensen --
Funding social programs would benefit families / Ruth Sidel --
Tax cuts would benefit families / Robert Rector, Stuart M. Butler.
|シリーズタイトル：||Opposing viewpoints series.|
- Families -- United States -- Discussions.
- Family policy -- United States -- Discussions.
- Homosexuality -- Social aspects -- United States -- Discussions.
- Birth control -- Social aspects -- United States -- Discussions.
- Divorce -- Social aspects -- United States -- Discussions.
- Married women -- Employment -- Social aspects -- United States -- Discussions.
- Children of working parents -- Social aspects -- United States -- Discussions.
- United States. -- Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 -- Social aspects -- United States -- Discussions.