Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||Pancho Villa; Pancho Villa|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||279 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.|
|Series Title:||Thorndike Press large print historical fiction.|
|Responsibility:||by Robert Olmstead.|
Set in 1916, Far Bright Star follows Napoleon Childs, an aging cavalryman, as he leads an expedition of inexperienced soldiers into the mountains of Mexico to hunt down Pancho Villa and bring him to justice. Though he is seasoned at such missions, things go terribly wrong and the patrol is brutally attacked. Napoleon is left to die in the desert, and through him, we enter the mind of a warrior as he tries to survive against all odds.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Soldiers -- United States -- Fiction.
- Villa, Pancho, -- 1878-1923 -- Fiction.
- United States. -- Army -- History -- Punitive Expedition into Mexico, 1916 -- Fiction.
- Mexican-American Border Region -- Fiction.
- Revolutionaries -- Mexico -- Fiction.
- Large type books.
- Villa, Pancho, -- 1878-1923.
- United States. -- Army.
- North America -- Mexican-American Border Region.
- United States.