Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Personal narratives, American
|Named Person:||William Edgar Borah; Grover L Broadfoot; Edward J Dempsey; F Ryan Duffy; Daniel H Grady; Jim Dan Hill; Merlin Hull; Ralph M Immell; Warren P Knowles; Philip Fox La Follette; Oscar Rennebohm; Alexander Wiley; Davison family.|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kenneth S White; Ferris M White; John W Davison
|Description:||8.2 c.f. (21 archives boxes)|
Correspondence of Ferris White, 1933-1940, concerns his law partnership with his son, chairmanship of the Board of Bar Examiners, participation in the League of Wisconsin Municipalities, service as city attorney of River Falls, and land and stock investments in Canada, Iowa, Texas, and Montana. Many letters and related papers concern his work, 1933-1935, as county attorney for both Pierce and St. Croix counties for the Home Owners' Loan Corporation, an agency to assist home owners enmeshed in debt during the depression. Occasional letters also relate to Ferris White's interest in Democratic politics and state political issues. Among his correspondents were Grover Broadfoot, Edward J. Dempsey, F. Ryan Duffy, and Daniel H. Grady.
Records of Kenneth White include files from his law partnership with John W. Davison, 1941-1946, as well as personal papers of Davison; military correspondence of Kenneth White from his service in World War I and World War II and his membership in the 32nd Division of the Wisconsin National Guard; and political correspondence of Republican White concerning his support for William E. Borah in 1936, his concerns as a legislator (1937-1941) with measures to improve the state college system and support the National Guard. Among White's frequent correspondents were Jim Dan Hill, Merlin Hull, Ralph Immell, Warren P. Knowles, Philip F. La Follette, Oscar Rennebohm, and Alexander Wiley. A few family papers also are in the collection.
- Borah, William Edgar, -- 1865-1940.
- Broadfoot, Grover L., -- 1892-1962.
- Dempsey, Edward J., -- 1878-1956.
- Duffy, F. Ryan, -- 1888-1979.
- Grady, Daniel H., -- 1872-1954.
- Hill, Jim Dan, -- 1897-
- Hull, Merlin, -- 1870-1953.
- Immell, Ralph M.
- Knowles, Warren P.
- La Follette, Philip Fox, -- 1897-1965.
- Rennebohm, Oscar, -- 1889-1968.
- Wiley, Alexander, -- 1884-1967.
- Wisconsin. -- National Guard.
- Davison family.
- Home Owners' Loan Corporation.
- Wisconsin. -- Board of State Bar Examiners.
- Wisconsin. -- Justice of the Peace (River Falls)
- Wisconsin Congress of Parents and Teachers.
- League of Wisconsin Municipalities.
- Republican Party (Wis.)
- University of Wisconsin -- Students.
- Wisconsin Bar Association.
- Education, Higher -- Wisconsin.
- Elections -- United States -- 1936.
- Integrated bar -- Wisconsin.
- Lawyers -- Wisconsin.
- Legislators -- Wisconsin.
- Real estate investment.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American.
- Pierce County (Wis.)
- River Falls (Wis.)
- Saint Croix County (Wis.)
- Wisconsin -- Politics and government.