Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Cesar Chavez; James Farmer; Marshall Field; Martin Luther King, Jr.; Thurgood Marshall|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Field Foundation (New York, N.Y.)|
|Notes:||Organization and arrangement pending. Contact repository for further information.|
|Description:||242 ft., 3 in.|
Individual files on each grantee provide insight into such civil rights groups as the NAACP and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, and persons involved in the movement including Martin Luther King, Jr., Thurgood Marshall, James Farmer, and Cesar Chavez. Children's rights and welfare groups, such as the Children's Defense Fund, also are documented in the records. Operation of the foundation is well documented in the board minutes, correspondence, and personal records.
- Chavez, Cesar, -- 1927-1993.
- Farmer, James, -- 1920-1999.
- Field, Marshall, -- 1893-1956.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968.
- Marshall, Thurgood, -- 1908-1993.
- Children's Defense Fund (U.S.)
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Children's rights -- United States.
- Civil rights -- United States.
- Endowments -- United States.
- Human rights advocacy -- United States.
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights.
- Social change -- United States.