Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
Ouvrages avant 1800
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Madox, Thomas, 1666-1727.
Firma burgi, or, An historical essay concerning the cities, towns and buroughs of England.
London : Printed by William Bowyer : and sold by Robert Gosling at the Middle-Temple-Gate in Fleetstreet, MDCCXXVI 
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas Madox; Giuseppe Grisoni; George Vertue; John Clark; William Bowyer; Robert Gosling
|Language Note:||Mostly in English but with large sections taken from records in Latin.|
Engraved head- and tailpieces and initials, the former signed variously by: Jos. Grisoni, Vertue, and J. Clark.
List of subscribers: preliminary p. -.
Last page blank.
Signatures: [A]² a² B² b-d² ²B² C-4O². d1 mis-signed D1.
|Description:||, 297,  p. ; 41 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Historical essay concerning the cities, towns, and buroughs of England
Of the cities towns and buroughs of England
|Responsibility:||By Thomas Madox Esquire, his Majesties historiographer.|
- Municipal government -- England -- History -- Early works to 1800.
- Local taxation -- England -- Early works to 1800.
- Cities and towns -- England -- History -- Early works to 1800.
- Administration municipale -- Angleterre -- Histoire -- Ouvrages avant 1800.
- Impôt local -- Angleterre -- Histoire -- Ouvrages avant 1800.
- Cities and towns.
- Local taxation.
- Municipal government.