|提及的人：||Henry, King of England; Henry, King of England; Henri, roi d'Angleterre; Richard, roi d'Angleterre; Henry, King of England|
John Hayward, Sir; John J Manning
|注意：||Spine title: John Hayward's The life and raigne of King Henrie IIII.|
|描述：||264 pages ; 23 cm.|
|叢書名：||Camden fourth series, v. 42.|
|其他題名：||First part of the life and raigne of King Henrie the IIII
John Hayward's The life and raigne of King Henrie IIII
|責任：||edited with an introduction by John J. Manning.|
John Hayward (1564-1627) was born into a poor family and worked his way into wealth and prominence as an historian and political writer for the Stuart dynasty. In 1599 Hayward published his work on the life of Henry IV. While well received by the populace, Queen Elizabeth I and other members of her court felt that the book was a subtle attack on her reign and the corruption which had crept into the Tudor dynasty. Hayward was imprisoned during the final years of her reign and it was not until after her death that he was able to gain power and prestige under James I.
- Henry -- IV, -- King of England, -- 1367-1413.
- Great Britain -- History -- Henry IV, 1399-1413.
- Henry -- IV, -- King of England, -- 1366-1413.
- Henri -- IV, -- roi d'Angleterre, -- 1367-1413.
- Richard -- II, -- roi d'Angleterre, -- 1367-1400.
- Grande-Bretagne -- Histoire -- 1377-1399 (Richard II)
- Grande-Bretagne -- Histoire -- 1399-1413 (Henri IV)
- Henry -- IV, -- King of England, -- 1367-1413
- Great Britain.
- Plantagenet, House of.
- England -- Nobility -- History.