Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Ryan, James E. (James Edward).
Five miles away, a world apart.
Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2010
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James E Ryan
|ISBN:||9780199745609 0199745609 9780195327380 0195327381|
|Description:||1 online resource (ix, 384 pages)|
|Contents:||Introduction: Freeman and Tee-Jay --
Past: School desegregation and middle America. Buying time ; Don't cross that line --
Present: Save the cities, spare the suburbs. Desegregating dollars ; Like a Russian novel: school finance litigation in state courts ; Limited choices ; The impact of choice and the role of courts ; Lowering the bar: the standards and testing movement --
Future: Democracy is opportunity. In search of ties that bind ; Freeman and Tee-Jay revisited.
|Other Titles:||5 miles away, a world apart|
|Responsibility:||James E. Ryan.|
Anyone looking to understand the 'lay of the land' in kindergarten-through-12th-grade education should look no further than James Ryan's outstanding 'Five Miles Away, A World Apart' ... Mr. Ryan's
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- Education -- United States -- Regional disparities.
- Discrimination in education -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- School integration -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- LAW -- Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice.
- Discrimination in education -- Law and legislation.
- Education -- Regional disparities.
- School integration -- Law and legislation.
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation.
- United States.