Action and adventure films
Films for the hearing impaired
|提及的人：||James Bradley; Ron Powers; John Bradley; Ira Hayes; Rene Gagnon|
Clint Eastwood; Robert Lorenz; Steven Spielberg; William Broyles, Jr.; Ryan Phillippe; Jesse Bradford; Adam Beach; John Benjamin Hickey; Barry Pepper; Paul Haggis; James Bradley; Ron Powers; Dreamworks Pictures.; Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ); Malpaso (Company); Amblin Entertainment (Firm); DreamWorks Home Entertainment (Firm)
|語言註釋：||English with optional French soundtrack, and with optional English or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.|
|注意：||Originally released as a motion picture in 2006.
Based on the book by James Bradley with Ron Powers.
|餘額：||Director of photography, Tom Stern ; editor, Joel Cox ; original music, Clint Eastwood ; costume designer, Deborah Hopper ; production designer, Henry Bumstead ; special effects supervisor, Steve Riley ; visual effects supervisor, Michael Owens.|
|演員名單:||Ryan Phillippe, Jesse Bradford, Adam Beach, John Benjamin Hickey, Barry Pepper, Jamie Bell, Paul Walker, Joseph Cross, Benjamin Walker, Tom McCarthy, George Grizzard, Harve Presnell, George Hearn, Len Cariou.|
|獎賞：||Satellite Awards, 2006: Best art direction & Production design ; Best cinematography ; Best director (Clint Eastwood).|
|針對讀者群：||MPAA rating: R; for scenes of graphic war violence & carnage and for language.; CHV rating: 14A; for gory scenes, violence, coarse language.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (ca. 132 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|詳述：||DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 (English), Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo (French).|
|内容：||There were no cheering crowds to see Mike, Harlon, Ira, Doc, Rene and Franklin off as they departed Camp Tarawa. To maintain military secrecy they journeyed in the dead of night. Their destination was island X. That was all they knew. Through a hail of machine-gun and mortar fire that left the beaches strewn with comrads, the American Marines battled to the island's highest peak. And there they raised a flag. Here is the true story behind perhaps the most famous moment in American military history --
the raising of the U.S. flag on the Pacific island of Iwo Jima, February 23, 1945 --
and the immortal photograph that lifted the heart and spirit of a nation at war. James Bradley is the son of John "Doc" Bradley, one of the six flag raisers. In the course of writing "Flags of Our Fathers," James Bradley conducted more than 300 interviews with World War II veterans and their families." --
Cover Video for American Cinema Class.
|其他題名：||Flags of our fathers (Motion picture).
Mémoires de nos pères
|責任：||DreamWorks Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures present ; a Malpaso/Amblin Entertainment production ; directed by Clint Eastwood ; screenplay by William Broyles, Jr. and Paul Haggis ; produced by Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg ; producer, Robert Lorenz.|
The story of the five Marines and one Navy corpsman that were forever immortalized as a symbol of WWII by raising the American flag at the battle of Iwo Jima. When Joe Rosenthal's photograph of the event becomes a symbol of hope for the families at home, the three surviving men are pulled from combat and sent on a tour across America to raise desperately-needed bond money. It is a trip that brings out the truths of both that symbolic act, and their lives during war.
- Bradley, James, -- 1954- -- Film adaptations.
- Powers, Ron -- Film adaptations.
- Bradley, John, -- 1923-1994 -- Drama.
- Hayes, Ira, -- 1923-1955 -- Drama.
- Gagnon, Rene, -- 1925-1979 -- Drama.
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945 -- Drama.
- United States. -- Marine Corps -- History -- 20th century -- Drama.
- Marines -- United States -- Drama.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan -- Drama.
- United States. -- Navy -- Hospital corpsmen -- Drama.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Economic aspects -- United States -- Drama.
- Guerra Mundial II, 1939-1945 -- Campañas -- Japón -- Iwo Jima (Volcano Islands) -- Teatro.
- Banderas -- Teatro.
- Fotografía -- Teatro.
- Guerra Mundial II, 1939-1945 -- Campañas -- Japan -- Iwo Jima (Volcano Islands) -- Teatro.
- Flag raising and lowering -- Japan -- Iwo Jima (Volcano Islands) -- Drama.
- Photographs -- Psychological aspects -- Drama.
- War photography -- Japan -- Iwo Jima (Volcano Islands) -- Drama.
- United States. -- Marine Corps -- Drama.
- United States. -- Navy -- Drama.
- Iwo Jima (Volcano Islands, Japan) -- Drama.