Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Van Wyck Brooks; Daniel Berkeley Updike; R J Holden; Merrymount Press,; Limited Editions Club,; Limited Editions Club Collection (Library of Congress)
|Notes:||"Awarded the Limited Editions Club's gold medal in November, 1938. This edition was prepared for the members of the Club by D.B. Updike ... The edition consists of fifteen hundred numbered copies. The illustrations were made by Ray J. Holden, who here signs"--Colophon.
Sequel: New England: Indian summer, 1865-1915.
Issued in slipcase.
|Description:||xxi, 468 p. : ill., ports. ; 26 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Flowering of New England, 1815-1865|
|Responsibility:||by Van Wyck Brooks ; with an introduction by M.A. DeWolfe Howe and illustrations by R.J. Holden.|
- American literature -- New England -- History and criticism.
- American literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- Authors, American -- Homes and haunts -- New England.
- New England -- Intellectual life -- 19th century.
- New England -- In literature.