Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Mouser, Bruce L.
For labor, race, and liberty.
Madison, Wis. : University of Wisconsin Press, c2011
|Named Person:||George Edwin Taylor|
|Material Type:||Biography, Document, Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Bruce L Mouser
|Description:||1 online resource (xxiii, 253 p.) : ill.|
|Contents:||From orphaned black to printer's devil: Taylor's early years in "God's country" --
Labor agitator, newspaper editor, and political novice: schools of hard knocks --
Emergence of a black activist: succeeding in the African American world --
Taylor as the national democrat: black and equal --
Taylor's campaign to become president: a duty to himself and his race --
Escape to a warm place: retreat and reconstruct.
|Responsibility:||Bruce L. Mouser.|
- African American presidential candidates -- Biography.
- African American politicians -- 19th century -- Biography.
- African American politicians -- 20th century -- Biography.
- Taylor, George Edwin, -- 1857-1925 -- Political activity.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY -- Political.
- African American politicians.
- African American presidential candidates.