Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Shigeru Yoshida; Hayato Ikeda; Nobusuke Kishi; Masayoshi Ōhira; Daniel William Lascelles; Averell Harriman|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Great Britain. Public Record Office.; Adam Matthew Publications.|
|Notes:||"PRO class FO 371/150561-150654, 158477-158541 & 164958-165033"
Includes documents relating to and relevant correspondence of: Sir Daniel William Lascelles (British ambassador 1957-1959); Prime Ministers Kishi Nobusuke (1957-1959 and 1959-1960), Ikeda Hayato (Jul. 1960- ) and Yoshida Shigeru; Minister of Labour Ishida Hirohide, Minister for Foreign Affairs Mr Kosaka; Foreign Secretary Ohira Masayoshi (1962- ); Minister of Finance Kakuei Tanaka; Kisaburo Yokota, (Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Oct. 1960- ); Kotaro Tanaka (Member of the International Court of Justice Nov. 1960- ); Suehiro Nishio (Chairman of the Democratic Socialist Party Jan. 1960- ); Minoru Takita (Chairman of Zenro = All-Japan Congress of Labour Unions); Chester Bowles (Special advisor to the U.S. President), Averell Harriman (U.S. Assistant Secretary of State), Robert Kennedy (U.S. Attorney-General); Walter Reuter (Vice-President of AFL-CIO).
Includes documents relating to: foreign policy and relations of Japan and Great Britain, United States, Japanese foreign relations with China, Korea, Formosa, Soviet Union; Japanese commercial relations with Great Britain; Japanese rearmament and defence policy; security treaty with United States; Treaty of Commerce and Navigation 1962 between Japan and Great Britain; activities of the United Nations, International Labour Organisation, International Monetary Fund, Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East; nuclear disarmament; domestic social, economic and political climate, including communism, education, labour relations, trade unions, oil and coal industry, iron and steel industry, shipping and ship building industry, motor industry, agriculture, banking and finance.
|Description:||25 reels ; 35 mm. + 1 guide (154 p. : ill., facsims., map ; 21 cm.)|
|Other Titles:||British Foreign Office files for post-war Japan (Public Record Office class FO 371).|
This material comprises reports, correspondence, telegrams, memoranda, despatches, official instructions, regular communications between the Foreign Office and British Embassy and consulates in Japan. Social, economic and cultural as well as political issues are covered.
- Yoshida, Shigeru, -- 1878-1967.
- Ikeda, Hayato, -- 1899-1965.
- Kishi, Nobusuke, -- 1896-
- Ōhira, Masayoshi, -- 1910-
- Lascelles, Daniel William, -- 1902-
- Harriman, Averell, -- 1891-1986.
- Great Britain. -- Foreign Office -- Archives.
- International Labour Organisation.
- International Monetary Fund.
- United Nations. -- Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East.
- Eastern question (Far East)
- National security -- Japan -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Communism -- Japan -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Industrial relations -- Japan -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Education -- Japan -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- International trade -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Nuclear disarmament -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Japan -- Sources.
- Japan -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1989 -- Sources.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 20th century -- Sources.
- China -- Foreign relations -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Great Britain -- Foreign economic relations -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Japan -- Commerce -- History -- Sources.
- Japan -- History -- 1945-1989 -- Sources.
- Japan -- Economic conditions -- 1945-1989 -- Sources.
- Japan -- Social conditions -- 1945-1989 -- Sources.