Documentary television programs
Historical television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Lorie Conway; Elliott Gould; WGBH Educational Foundation.; PBS Home Video.
|制作人员：||Director of photography, Ken Willinger ; editor, William A. Anderson ; composer, Gil Talmi.|
|演员：||Narrator, Elliott Gould.|
|活动注释：||Originally broadcast on television in 2008.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (approximately 57 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.|
|详述：||DVD, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (enhanced); Dolby Digital stereo., NTSC.|
|责任：||a film by Lorie Conway ; Boston Film & Video Productions LLC ; WGBH Educational Foundation ; produced, written & directed by Lorie Conway.|
In the era before antibiotics, tens of thousands of immigrant patients were separated from family, detained in the hospital on Ellis Island, and healed from illness before becoming citizens. 350 babies were born, and ten times that many immigrants died on Ellis Island and were buried in pauper's graves around New York City.
- Ellis Island Hospital.
- Ellis Island Immigration Station (N.Y. and N.J.)
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- History -- 20th century.
- Hospitals -- Admission and discharge -- Ellis Island (N.J. and N.Y.)
- Registers of births, etc. -- Ellis Island (N.J. and N.Y.)
- Hospitals, Federal -- history.
- Emigration and Immigration -- history.
- Emigrants and Immigrants -- history.
- Communicable Disease Control -- history.
- Mass Screening -- history.
- History, 19th Century.
- History, 20th Century.
- New York (N.Y.)
- Emigration and immigration.
- Hospitals -- Admission and discharge.
- Registers of births, etc.
- United States.
- United States -- Ellis Island.