Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Biographical television programs
Documentary television programs
Films for the hearing impaired
Nonfiction television programs
Video recordings for people with visual disabilities
|Named Person:||Percy Lavon Julian; Percy Lavon Julian; Percy Lavon Julian; Percy Lavon Julian|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Llewellyn Smith; Stephen Lyons; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
|ISBN:||1593756828 9781593756826 159375681X 9781593756819|
|Language Note:||Closed-captioned, described video for the visually impaired.|
|Notes:||Special DVD-ROM features: Teaching materials in PDF format and a link to the NOVA web site.|
|Credits:||Editor, Doug Quade ; producers, Stephen Lyons, Llewellyn M. Smith.|
|Performer(s):||Narrated by Courtney B. Vance ; Ruben Santiago-Hudson as Percy Julian.|
|Event notes:||Originally broadcast as a special episode of the television series Nova on February 6, 2007.|
|Target Audience:||Not rated.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (112 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD ; Dolby Digital ; all regions.|
|Other Titles:||Percy Julian :
Nova (Television program)
|Responsibility:||a Nova production for WGBH Boston ; written by Stephen Lyons & Llewellyn M. Smith ; directed by Llewellyn M. Smith.|
Educational Media Reviews Online (1)
His story is an interesting one, well-told and technically well-presented. The first hour comprises...
- Julian, Percy Lavon, -- 1899-1975.
- African American chemists -- Biography.
- African American scientists -- Biography.
- Chemistry -- History -- 20th century.
- Chemistry, Pharmaceutical.
- African Americans.
- Cortisone -- chemical synthesis.
- Physostigmine -- chemical synthesis.
- United States.
- African American chemists -- United States -- Biography.
- African American scientists -- United States -- Biography.
- African American chemists.
- African American scientists.