Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Larry Remele; State Historical Society of North Dakota.
|Description:||75 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.|
|Contents:||The military frontier on the Northern Plains, 1850-1900 / by Robert M. Utley --
Regular Army enlisted service on the Northern Plains, 1866-1895 / by Don G. Rickey --
A history of Fort Buford, 1866-1895 / by Ronald Phil Warner.
|Responsibility:||edited by Larry Remele.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Fort Buford and the military frontier on the Northern Plains, 1850-1900
This is a short (75pp) yet concise and fact-filled book that gives the reader a full appreciation for the key role that Fort Buford played in the opening of the northern plains to miners, ranchers, travelers and farmers during a very tumultuous period of that area's history. From...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Fort Buford (N.D.) -- History.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- North Dakota -- Williston Region.
- Williston Region (N.D.) -- History, Military.
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- North Dakota.
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1866-1895.
- Frontier and pioneer life.
- Indians of North America -- Wars.
- North Dakota.
- North Dakota -- Fort Buford.
- North Dakota -- Williston Region.