Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Genre/Form:||Comic books, strips, etc
|Named Person:||Nathaniel Bacon; Patrick Henry; George Washington; John Marshall; Nathaniel Bacon; Patrick Henry; John Marshall; George Washington|
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||24 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm.|
|Contents:||Nathaniel Bacon : --
When was Virginia's 1st revolution? --
Who was Nathaniel Bacon? --
Why did settlers fight Indians in 1675? --
Who ruled Jamestown in 1676? --
Who won Bacon's Rebellion? --
Patrick Henry : --
Who was Henry the menace? --
Who fought the king's stamp tax? --
How did Henry menace King George? --
Who was Virginia's 1st elected governor? --
Why did Henry menace the Constitution? --
George Washington : --
Why did America need a president? --
Where was Washington's inauguration? --
What is in Washington's first term? --
How did Washington view the world --
Who ended the Whiskey Rebellion? --
John Marshall : --
How did John Marshall start judging? --
Where are courts in the Constitution? --
How strong was the Supreme Court? --
Who makes laws unconstitutional? --
Did politics or the law save Burr?
|Series Title:||Chester the Crab's comics with content series|
Chester the Crab, in one of his comic book romps through history, profiles four founding fathers, Nathaniel Bacon, Patrick Henry, George Washington, and John Marshall. Introduces young readers to colonial and early American history, touching on such topics as Bacon's Rebellion, the American Revolution, Constitutional law, and the presidencies of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Bacon, Nathaniel, -- 1648-1676 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Henry, Patrick, -- 1736-1799 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Washington, George, -- 1732-1799 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Marshall, John, -- 1755-1835 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- United States -- History -- 1783-1815 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Caricatures and cartoons -- United States.
- Bacon, Nathaniel, -- 1648-1676.
- Henry, Patrick, -- 1736-1799.
- Marshall, John, -- 1755-1835.
- Washington, George, -- 1732-1799.
- Caricatures and cartoons.
- United States.