Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Otto Frank|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Frances Goodrich; Albert Hackett
|Description:||5.2 c.f. (13 archives boxes, 1 volume, 3 packages); plus additions of 0.4 c.f.|
Included are scripts and drafts, clippings, correspondence, explanatory notes, and memorabilia. Especially well documented is The Diary of Anne Frank (1955), for which the Hacketts wrote both the Pulitzer Prize-winning play and the motion picture (20th Century-Fox, 1959). These files contain letters on the writing, translation, and production of both versions, variant drafts and scripts, financial records, publicity, and papers relating to the awards won by the play. Many letters exchanged between 1953 and 1961 by the Hacketts and Otto Frank, the father of Anne, offer insights into the couple's research and composition techniques.
Other noteworthy screen credits which are represented in the collection are Ah, Wilderness (MGM, 1935), Easter Parade (MGM, 1948), Father of the Bride (MGM, 1950), Father's Little Dividend (MGM, 1951), Naughty Marietta (MGM, 1935), Rose Marie (MGM, 1936), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (MGM, 1954), several from the Thin Man series (MGM, 1935), and Watch on the Rhine (Warner Bros., 1943).
The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1927-1961, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date 1954-1959 and are described below.
- Frank, Otto, -- 1889-1980.
- Ah, wilderness (Motion picture)
- Diary of Anne Frank (Play)
- Diary of Anne Frank (Motion picture)
- Easter parade (Motion picture)
- Father of the bride (Motion picture)
- Father's little dividend (Motion picture)
- Naughty Marietta (Motion picture)
- Rose Marie (Motion picture)
- Seven brides for seven brothers (Motion picture)
- Thin man (Motion picture)
- Watch on the Rhine (Motion picture)
- Dramatists -- United States.
- Motion pictures -- United States.
- Screenwriters -- United States.
- Theater -- United States.
- Women in the motion picture industry -- United States.
- Women in the theater -- United States.