Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||Adlai E Stevenson; Frank H Woods; Frank H Woods; Wood family.|
|Material Type:||Manuscript, Picture|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Book, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Frank H Woods; Lucia Woods Lindley; Henry C Woods; Nelle Cochrane Woods; Midwest Manuscript Collection (Newberry Library); Newberry Library.
|Notes:||Use the link to the finding aid for a fuller description of collection contents that explains the use of the name and subject terms appearing in this catalog record.|
|Description:||7.7 linear feet (19 boxes)|
Correspondence, much of which relates to the Sahara Coal Company and Woods's relationship with his father, Frank H. Woods, Sr., in running the company, 1935-1952, and other letters which deal with Woods's business interests. Also, family correspondence, to and from Woods and between other family members, and a large group of condolence letters after his death. A major part of the collection concerns Woods's civic and philanthropic activities with articles, documents and records, clippings and other items, especially concerning his involvement with the Art Institute of Chicago and the Woods Charitable Foundation's support of the Willa Cather Pioneer Memorial Educational Foundation in Red Cloud, Nebraska. Also, a large collection of portraits, snapshots and family photographs, many of which are in albums commemorating summers spent at the Woods vacation home on Madeline Island in Wisconsin.
- Stevenson, Adlai E. -- (Adlai Ewing), -- 1900-1965.
- Woods, Frank H. -- (Frank Henry), -- 1905-1980.
- Woods, Frank H. -- (Frank Henry), -- 1905-1980 -- Art collections.
- Wood family.
- Addressograph-Multigraph Corporation.
- Art Institute of Chicago.
- Sahara Coal Company -- Records and correspondence.
- Willa Cather Pioneer Memorial and Educational Foundation.
- Woods Charitable Fund.
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- Illinois -- Chicago.
- Art museums -- Illinois -- Chicago.
- Businessmen -- Middle West -- History -- 20th century.
- Coal mines and mining -- Middle West -- Records and correspondence.
- Families -- Middle West -- History -- 20th century.
- Family foundations -- Middle West -- History -- 20th century.
- Family-owned business enterprises -- Middle West -- History -- 20th century.
- Father and child -- Middle West -- History -- 20th century.
- Philanthropists -- Middle West -- History -- 20th century.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- Women authors, American -- Nebraska -- History -- 20th century.
- Lincoln (Neb.) -- History.
- Dwellings -- Wisconsin -- Madeline Island -- Photographs.
- Manuscripts, American.