Iowa City : University of Iowa Press, c2006
|提及的人：||Frank O'Hara; Frank O'Hara; Frank O'Hara; Frank O'Hara|
|資料類型：||傳記, 政府刊物, 州政府或者省政府刊物|
|描述：||x, 332 p.,  p. of plates : ill., plates (chiefly col.) ; 25 cm.|
|内容：||1. Nominal families : coterie, kinship, and literary history --
2. Comparative coteries : mining modernisms --
3. In memory of my feelings : the limits of kinship --
4. Combative names : Mayakovsky and Pasternak in the American 1950s --
5. Proximity's plea : O'Hara's art writing --
6. Coterie and allegory : Rauschenberg's raw materials.
|叢書名：||Contemporary North American poetry series.|
|責任：||by Lytle Shaw.|
"O'Hara's poems are famously filled with proper names - from those of his immediate friends and colleagues in the New York writing and art worlds to a broad range of popular cultural and literary heroes. But rather than understand O'Hara's most commonly referenced names as a fixed and insular audience, Shaw argues that he uses the ambiguities of reference associated with the names to invent a fluid and shifting kinship structure - one that opened up radical possibilities for a gay writer operating outside the structure of the family.
Situating O'Hara within a range of debates about art's possible relations to its audience, Shaw demonstrates that his interest in coterie is less a symptomatic offshoot of his biography than a radical literary and artistic invention."--BOOK JACKET.
- O'Hara, Frank, -- 1926-1966.
- O'Hara, Frank, -- 1926-1966 -- Homes and haunts -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Art and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- O'Hara, Frank, -- 1926-1966 -- Friends and associates.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Intellectual life -- 20th century.
- Art museum curators -- United States -- Biography.
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
- Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.)
- O'Hara, Frank