Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George Horatio Derby; Frank S Dolley; John Forster; Hall Hanlon; William Harrison Hardy, Captain; J C Ives; Pío Pico; William T Sherman; Alfred Henry Wilcox|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Frank S Dolley; Percy Carter Linss
|Notes:||There was a box of photographs transferred to the Photograph Department (photCL 123). There is a list of these photographs at the end of the collection's finding aid.|
The correspondence section includes Ellen Robinson's letters from the 1870s and Frank Dolley's correspondence with Ellen's daughter Margaret Robinson in the 1950s. Also included in the collection are copies of Ellen Robinson's letters, made by Dr. Dolley, photographs, and other ephemera. Three of Dr. Dolley's research notebooks are included, covering numerous subjects related to the lower Colorado River region and the Colorado Delta, with particular focus on the river's steamboat activity. These notebooks have been divided for preservation and ease of use, but remain in the order in which they were found, which is loosely alphabetical by subject. There is repetition from one notebook to the other, though each also includes unique material. Most of these notes represent Dr. Dolley's research in published sources, including periodicals, narrative accounts, and regional histories, but also includes correspondence with Percy Carter Linss, a descendent of Colorado River ferry operator and landowner Hall Hanlon.
- Derby, George Horatio, -- 1823-1861.
- Dolley, Frank S.
- Forster, John, -- 1814-1882.
- Hanlon, Hall.
- Hardy, William Harrison, -- Captain, -- 1823-1906.
- Ives, J. C.
- Pico, Pío, -- 1801-1894.
- Sherman, William T. -- (William Tecumseh), -- 1820-1891.
- Wilcox, Alfred Henry, -- 1823-1883.
- Colorado Steam Navigation Company.
- Tabernacle (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Woodward's Gardens (San Francisco, Calif.)
- Chemehuevi Indians.
- Cocopa Indians -- Arizona.
- Railroad travel.
- River steamers.
- Steamboat lines.
- Yuma Indians.
- Arizona -- History -- Sources.
- California -- History -- Sources.
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico)
- Colorado River Delta (Mexico)