Gelatin silver prints
Dye coupler prints
Gelatin silver film negatives
|提及的人：||Billie Allen; Angela Bassett; Carla Brothers; Lynne Marie Brown; Reg E Cathey; Rony Clanton; Maria Ellis; Antonio Fargas; Charles Fuller; Lee Roy Giles; A Marcus Hemphill; Sharon Hope; Woodie King; Gloria Mitchell; Shauneille Perry; Josephine Premice; Voza Rivers; Juney Smith; Joe Stanton; Barbara Ann Teer; Marie Thomas; Garland Lee Thompson|
Bert Andrews; Sonny Bak; William L Ballinger; Ben Cotton; Frank Giraldi; A Marcus; Dan Ramsey; Frank Silvera Writers Workshop.
|在：||Frank Silvera Writers Workshop|
|注意：||Title devised by cataloger.
Many photographs bear photographer's printed address label or handstamp on verso; some contact sheets have photographer's name and address printed on recto. Some photographic prints have printed captions on recto and/or handwritten captions on verso. Some portraits have actors' resumes attached.
Photographers include Bert Andrews, Sonny Bak, A. Marcus and others.
|描述：||325 items (.5 lin. ft., 1 box) 130 photographic prints : silver gelatin, b&w ; 26 x 21 cm. or smaller. 17 photographic prints : silver gelatin, b&w ; 21 x 26 cm. or smaller. 12 contact sheets : silver gelatin, b&w ; 26 x 21 cm. or smaller. 2 contact sheets : silver gelatin, b&w ; 21 x 26 cm. or smaller. 5 photographic prints : silver gelatin, b&w ; 18 x 13 cm. or smaller. 36 photographic prints : silver gelatin, b&w ; 13 x 18 cm. or smaller. 2 photographic prints : col. ; 13 x 18 cm. or smaller. 110 slides : col. ; 7 x7 cm. 13 negatives : b&w ; 25 x 20 cm. or smaller.|
City sonata for two women.
Evening with Josephine Baker.
Fried chicken and invisibility.
Jesse Owens and the games: "Jesse Owens, Olympia."
Medea and the doll.
Toussaint, Angel-Warrior of Haiti.
The collection consists of individual and group portraits of actors, playwrights, and producers; productions stills; documentation of some of its workshops; and an award ceremony. The collection does not depict the majority of the Frank Silvera Writers Workshop's productions nor its activities in general.
The Portrait series, comprising most of the collection, consists mainly of publicity photographs, some with attached resumes of actors who may have appeared in or auditioned for FSWW productions including Rony Clanton, Antonio Fargas and Josephine Premise. Also included are portraits of FSWW co-founder Garland Lee Thompson, playwright A. Marcus Hemphill and National Black Touring Circuit, Inc. producers Woodie King, Jr., Gloria Mitchell and Shauneille Perry.
The Production series contains performance stills, some of which are unidentified. The series consists of mostly contact sheets but also includes some photographs, slides and negatives. Among the plays represented are "Jesse and the Games: 'Jesse Owens, Olympiad'" and "An Evening with Josephine Baker." Also included are views of a special performance of "Toussaint, Angel-Warrior of Haiti" and post-show discussion attended by school children (1985).
The Workshops and Events series documents two workshops, an Artistic Technical Assistance Collective (ATAC) workshop showing preparations for the production of "The Incarnation of The Reverend Goode Blaque Dresse," and a Readers/Writers workshop held in Richmond, Virginia. (1982). Also included are shots of FSWW co-founder Garland Lee Thompson, possibly with cast members and others, after receiving the 1981 Audelco award for Best Musical for the FSWW production of "Bessie Smith, Empress of the Blues."
- Allen, Billie.
- Bassett, Angela -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- Brothers, Carla -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- Brown, Lynne Marie -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- Cathey, Reg E. -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- Clanton, Rony.
- Ellis, Maria -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- Fargas, Antonio, -- 1947-
- Fuller, Charles.
- Giles, Lee Roy -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- Hemphill, A. Marcus.
- Hope, Sharon -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- King, Woodie.
- Mitchell, Gloria.
- Perry, Shauneille.
- Premice, Josephine.
- Rivers, Voza.
- Smith, Juney -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- Stanton, Joe -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- Teer, Barbara Ann.
- Thomas, Marie -- Performances -- 1980-1989.
- Thompson, Garland Lee.
- Frank Silvera Writers Workshop.
- African American theater.
- African American actors.
- African American actresses.
- African Americans in the performing arts -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Afro-Americans -- Performances and portrayals -- New York (State) -- New York -- 1970-1989.
- Arts, Black -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Theatrical productions -- New York (State) -- New York -- 1970-1989.
- Theatrical producers and directors -- New York (State) -- New York.
- African American dramatists.
- Hairstyles -- 1970-1989.