Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George Biddell Airy; Frank Watson Dyson; Arthur Stanley Eddington, Sir; Albert Einstein; H Spencer Jones; Ernest Rutherford|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Royal Greenwich Observatory.|
|Language Note:||Generally English.|
|Notes:||There is much overlap between the records of Dyson's tenure as Astronomer Royal and those of his predecessor William Christie and even his predecessor George Airy [classmarks RGO 7 and RGO 6 respectively], and those of his cuccessor at Greenwich and Herstmonceux, Harold Spencer Jones [classmark RGO 8].|
Archives. It must be remembered that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of names as they appear in the papers themselves. Researchers interested in a particular period ae invited to write to the RGO Archivist if they are interested in particular individuals whose names do not appear below, but who could possibly have been in correspondence with the person or institution responsible for creating the class. Correspondents: Dr. C. Adams; G.B. Airy; Prof. Albrecht; Dr. Alter; Dr. G. Archenhold; Sir R. Arman-Gregory; Dr. R. Atkinson; Dr. O. Backlund; Sir V. Badderley; Dr. L. Bauer; Dr. C. Beals; C. Beals; A. Beer; P. Bernard; Mr. Bhaskaron; Prof. Blackett; F.C. Blyth; K. Bottomley; E. Brown; C. Burch; S. Burrard; Dr. Cammelim; W.D. Chandler; Dr. Chant; Prof. Chapman; Prof. S. Chapman; Bishop Chichester; B. Chikhachev; W. Christie; Col. Close; Dr. Comrie; Lord Cottesloe; Capt. C. Crawford; N. Dneprovsky; Sir E.W. Dyson; Sir F. Dyson; Sir A. Eddington; Sgt. J. Edgell; Einstein; Mons. Esclangon; Dr. Evans; Mr. Evershed; Sir J. Fleming; Col. Gordon; Sir H. Grubb-Parsons; Dr. W. Lockyer; Dr. Ludendorff; M. Lyot; Sir I. Newton; Capt. Nicholson; Prof. Ogg; Prof. J. Oort; Sir H. Parsons; Rev. T. Philips; H. Plaskett; Prof R. Redman; E. Rutherford; Gen. B. Schonland; Dr. Sitter; Sir H. Spencer Jones; Dr. Stoy; Col. Stratton; Dr. Subbotim; Dr. R. Woolley; Rev. R. Woolley; among others.
- Airy, George Biddell, -- 1801-1892.
- Dyson, Frank Watson, -- 1868-1939.
- Eddington, Arthur Stanley, -- Sir, -- 1882-1944.
- Einstein, Albert, -- 1879-1955.
- Jones, H. Spencer -- (Harold Spencer), -- 1890-1960.
- Rutherford, Ernest, -- 1871-1937.
- Great Britain. -- Admiralty.
- Astronomical observatories -- Great Britain.
- Astronomy -- Research.
- Solar eclipses -- Observations -- Africa, West -- 1919.
- Solar eclipses -- Observations -- South America -- Brazil -- Sobral -- 1919.
- Radio programs, Public service -- Scientific applications -- England.
- Reflecting telescopes -- Design and construction.
- Relativity (Physics) -- Observations.
- Scientific expeditions -- South America -- Brazil.
- Time-signals -- Technological innovations.
- Time -- Systems and standards -- England.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Economic aspects -- England.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Science -- England.