|材料类型：||文献, 小说, 互联网资源|
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
|ISBN:||9781443433181 1443433187 9781443425278 1443425273 9781443414517 1443414514|
|描述：||1 online resource|
Written by Mary Shelley, Frankenstein is the bestselling horror classic about an experiment that goes horribly wrong, and a monster who swears revenge on his creator. Swiss student Victor Frankenstein uncovers the secret to bringing life to what is lifeless, and in assembling body parts to create a monster, ultimately sets the stage for his own destruction and that of everything he loves when the monster is rejected by society. Penned as part of a competition between Mary Shelley, Lord Byron, and John Polidori to see who could write the best horror story, Frankenstein is resonant with themes of love, friendship, hubris, and fear. It presents the epic battle between man and monster, showing that man is not always capable of controlling that which he creates.
- Frankenstein's monster (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Frankenstein, Victor (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Science -- Experiments -- 18th century -- Fiction.
- Geneva (Switzerland) -- Fiction.
- Frankenstein, Victor (Fictitious character)
- Frankenstein's monster (Fictitious character)
- Science -- Experiments.
- Switzerland -- Geneva.