Biography Juvenile literature
|提及的人：||Frederick Douglass; Frederick Douglass; Frederick Douglass|
Frances E Ruffin
|ISBN:||9781402757990 1402757999 9781402741180 1402741189|
|描述：||124 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), ports. ; 20 cm.|
|内容：||Introduction : from slave to freedom fighter --
A cabin in Tuckahoe --
A child slave at Wye House --
Growing up in Baltimore --
A slave's life at St. Michaels --
Running North to freedom --
A new name in New Bedford --
Freedom bought in Great Britain --
The North Star --
A country in turmoil --
War! War! --
Fighting for military equality --
Freedom without equality --
Fighting for justice to the end.
|責任：||Frances E. Ruffin.|
"From slave to freedom fighter: that was the long and hard journey taken by Frederick Douglass. Douglass was America's first great civil rights leader, and he threw off the physical, mental, and legal chains of slavery to become one of America's greatest champions for human rights. It was said that his life was proof that once black people could read and write about their injustices, they would have the power to end slavery. Frances E. Ruffin explores this inspiring figure in all his complexity, and captures the hardships, prejudice, and violence Douglass endured as he fought for justice. Numerous fascinating illustrations, photos, and engravings show Douglass's family, abolition meetings, Civil War battles, freed blacks getting their first vote, and more."--Publisher's description.
- Douglass, Frederick, -- 1818-1895 -- Juvenile literature.
- Abolitionists -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- African American abolitionists -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Antislavery movements -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile literature.
- Douglass, Frederick, -- 1818-1895.
- Abolitionists -- Biography.
- African American abolitionists.
- Antislavery movements -- United States.
- Antislavery movements.
- United States.