Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Marcus A Reno; George A Custer; Catherine L Benteen; Theodore W Goldin; E A Brininstool|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Frederick William Benteen
|Notes:||Cataloged as part of the Georgia Archives and Manuscripts Automated Access Project: A Special Collections Gateway Program of the University Center in Georgia.
Collection number: MS770.
|Description:||3 linear ft.|
The collection also contains some military documents relating to Benteen's service in the 10th Missouri Volunteer Cavalry during the Civil War; photocopies of correspondence from Benteen to Theodore W. Goldin regarding the 7th Cavalry; "Cavalry Scraps", articles written by Benteen regarding his cavalry service; correspondence (1929-1949) between E.A. Brinistool and various members of the Benteen family; newspaper clippings; printed material; and a scrapbook.
- Reno, Marcus A. -- (Marcus Albert), -- 1835-1889.
- Custer, George A. -- (George Armstrong), -- 1839-1876.
- Benteen, Catherine L., -- 1838-1906.
- Goldin, Theodore W.
- Brininstool, E. A. -- (Earl Alonzo), -- 1870-1957.
- United States. -- Army. -- Cavalry, 7th.
- United States. -- Army. -- Missouri Cavalry Regiment, 10th.
- Little Bighorn, Battle of the, Mont., 1876.
- Cheyenne Indians -- Wars, 1876.
- Dakota Indians -- Wars, 1876.
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1866-1895.
- Soldiers -- Missouri.
- Indians of North America -- Government relations.
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel.