Ellen Bass; Kate Kaufman
|ISBN:||0060951044 9780060951047 9781439504970 1439504970|
|描述：||xxi, 417 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|内容：||1. We are everywhere --
2. Coming into your own --
3. Reaching out --
4. If I live, I'll be great: Making it through hard times --
5. Friends --
6. Love --
7. Sex --
8. HIV, AIDS, and safer sex --
9. Coming out to your family --
10. Your family's response --
11. Our pride and joy: for parents of gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth --
12. School daze --
13. Making schools safe for lesbian, gay, and bisexual students: for educators --
14. Strategies for building a support program: for activists and educators --
15. Religious life --
16. The Bible --
17. Making changes in churches and temples: for clergy and congregations --
18. Living in your community --
19. Creating supportive community groups: for service providers and allies --
20. The gay, lesbian, and bisexual community --
21. Standing up for lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth: for the adult gay community.
|责任：||Ellen Bass and Kate Kaufman.|
Free Your Mind is the definitive practical guide for gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth -- and their families, teachers, counselors and friends. For too long, gay youth have wanted to be themselves and to feel good about it, but most have been isolated, afraid, harassed, or worse. Their very existence has been ignored, whispered about, or swept under the rug. But each day more and more lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth are standing up, speaking out, breaking down stereotypes, demanding rights and recognition -- shining. In this book, young people share their joy and their pain, their hopes and fears, the formidable obstacles they have faced and overcome, and the exciting opportunities they have discovered. Free Your Mind speaks to the basic aspects of the lives of gay, lesbian and bisexual youth: Self-Discovery; Friends and Lovers; Family; School; Spirituality; Community. Alive with the voices of more than fifty young people, rich in accurate information and positive practical advice, Free Your Mind talks about how to come out, deal with problems, make healthy choices about relationships and sex, connect with other gay youth and supportive adults, and take pride and participate in the gay and lesbian community. Free Your Mind also presents detailed guidance for adults who want to make the world safer for lesbian, gay and bisexual youth.
- Gay youth -- United States -- Psychology.
- Gay youth -- United States -- Social conditions.
- Lesbian youth -- United States -- Psychology.
- Lesbian youth -- United States -- Social conditions.
- Coming out (Sexual orientation) -- United States.
- Coming out (Sexual orientation)
- Gay youth -- Psychology.
- Gay youth -- Social conditions.
- Lesbian youth -- Psychology.
- Lesbian youth -- Social conditions.
- United States.