|提及的人：||Martin Luther King, Jr.; Stanley D Levison; Ralph Abernathy; Marcus Garvey; Clarence B Jones; Malcolm X; Adam Clayton Powell, Jr.; Archibald Carey; Donald Wilson Jackson|
David J Garrow; United States. Subversive Activities Control Board.; United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation.
|注意：||Collection has been microfilmed under the titles: "The Martin Luther King Jr. FBI file; The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI file. Part II, The King-Levison file, edited by David J. Garrow; Sc Micro RS 602 pt. I and pt. II.|
|描述：||19 microfilm reels.|
Memoranda, correspondence, logbooks and printed matter documenting the activities of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the civil rights movement in the United States, obtained by David J. Garrow through the Freedom of Information Act from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and other United States government agencies. Sizeable files are also available on two King associates and suspected communists Stanley Levison and Clarence B. Jones. Additional files relate to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, the Congress of Racial Equality, the Council of Federated Organizations and the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. The FBI maintained extensive files on the 1965 Selma to Montgomery Freedom March, racial conflicts and the registration of African American voters in Alabama and other southern states. Other holdings relate to the civil rights record of the Kennedy and Johnson administrations, the March on Washington movement (1942-43, 1959, 1963), the Mississippi Freedom Summer Project, the FBI's Black Nationalist Groups Informant Program, and to prominent individuals such as Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Adam Clayton Powell, Jr., Archibald Carey, Roy Wilkins and Donald Wilson Jackson.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968.
- Levison, Stanley D., -- 1912-1979.
- Abernathy, Ralph, -- 1926-1990.
- Garvey, Marcus, -- 1887-1940.
- Jones, Clarence B.
- X, Malcolm, -- 1925-1965.
- Powell, Adam Clayton, -- Jr., -- 1908-1972.
- Carey, Archibald.
- Jackson, Donald Wilson, -- 1938-
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
- Congress of Racial Equality.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
- Southern Regional Council.
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party.
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- Mississippi Freedom Project.
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Abuse of administrative power -- United States.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States.
- African Americans -- Education -- Alabama.
- African Americans -- Suffrage.
- Privacy, Right of -- United States.
- Segregation in transportation -- Southern States.
- Internal security -- United States.
- Subversive activities -- United States -- 20th century.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975.
- Civil rights movements -- United States.
- Civil rights -- United States.
- Eavesdropping -- United States.
- Wiretapping -- United States.
- Poor People's Campaign.
- Voter registration -- Alabama -- Selma.
- Voter registration -- Mississippi.
- Voter registration -- Southern States.
- Passive resistance -- United States.
- Civil rights workers -- United States.
- Southern States -- Race relations.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1953-1961.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1961-1963.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1963-1969.