Jones, James, 1921-1977.
From here to eternity.
New York, Scribner, 1951
James Jones; Herman Finkelstein Collection (Library of Congress)
|獎賞：||National Book Award for Fiction, 1952.|
|描述：||861 pages ; 22 cm|
|責任：||by James Jones.|
Diamond Head, Hawaii, 1941. Pvt. Robert E. Lee Prewitt is a champion welterweight and a fine bugler. But when he refuses to join the company's boxing team, he gets "the treatment" that may break him or kill him. First Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden knows how to soldier better than almost anyone, yet he's risking his career to have an affair with the commanding officer's wife. Both Warden and Prewitt are bound by a common bond: the Army is their heart and blood ... and, possibly, their death. In this magnificent but brutal classic of a soldier's life, James Jones portrays the courage, violence and passions of men and women who live by unspoken codes and with unutterable despair ... in the most important American novel to come out of World War II, a masterpiece that captures as no other the honor and savagery of men.
- United States. -- Army -- Military life -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hawaii -- Fiction.
- Soldiers -- Hawaii -- Fiction.
- Boxers (Sports) -- Fiction.
- United States -- History, Military -- 20th century -- Fiction.
- United States. -- Army.
- Armed Forces -- Military life.
- Boxers (Sports)
- United States.
- National Book Award Winners: Fiction(65 資料)
由 dordtlibrary 已更新 大約2天前
- War Stories: WWII (Pacific Theatre)(54 資料)
由 christopher27131 已更新 2016-11-13
- Things to Check Out(58 資料)
由 vlc4115 已更新 2015-01-21
- New York Times #1 Bestsellers(237 資料)
由 LamsonFitz 已更新 2014-09-18
- WW II Fiction(10 資料)
由 aglorios 已更新 2013-11-07