Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Rudyard Kipling; Rudyard Kipling; Edmonia Taylor Hill; S A Hill|
|Material Type:||Graphic, Photograph, Picture, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
S A Hill; Rudyard Kipling; Edmonia Taylor Hill; W M Carpenter; Carpenter Kipling Collection (Library of Congress)
|Language Note:||Handwritten captions in English.|
|Notes:||Prints measure 12 x 16 cm. Title from slipcase.
According to an accompanying letter, these photographs were intended to be used as illustrations to illuminate Kipling's "Sea to Sea" letters for private circulation among his Anglo-Indian friends but this illustrated project was never realized. These letters were edited for "From sea to sea" that was later published in 1899.
|Description:||1 album (48 photographic prints) ; 18 x 27 cm.|
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936. -- From sea to sea -- Pictorial works.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936 -- Travel -- Asia -- Pictorial works.
- Hill, Edmonia Taylor, -- -1952 -- Travel -- Pictorial works -- Asia.
- Hill, S. A. -- (Samuel Alexander), -- 1851- -- Travel -- Pictorial works -- Asia.
- Asia -- Description and travel -- Pictorial works.