Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Marcela Gaviria; Jon Sayers; Miranda Hentoff; Daisy Wright; Will Lyman; Rain Media, Inc.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); WGBH Educational Foundation.
|注意：||Originally broadcast as a segment of the television program Frontline on January 8, 2008.
Special feature: Discussion guide.
|制作人员：||Written, produced and directed by Marcela Gaviria ; edited by Daisy Wright ; director of photography, Jon Sayers ; narrated by Will Lyman ; orginial music Miranda Hentoff.|
|演员：||Narrator, Will Lyman.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (approximately 60 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.|
|详述：||DVD; region 1; NTSC; widescreen; Dolby Digital 2.0.|
|内容：||1. What is going on? --
2. DJ's story --
3. The debate and confusion over diagnosing bipolar --
4. Jessica's story --
5. The lack of data: what works? What's safe? --
6. The medication dilemma --
7. Solutions to the lack of knowledge --
8. Updates on the stories.
|其他题名：||Frontline (Television program).
|责任：||a Frontline co-production with RainMedia, Inc.|
In recent years, there's been a dramatic increase in the number of children being diagnosed with serious psychiatric disorders and prescribed medications that are just beginning to be tested in children. The drugs can cause serious side effects, and virtually nothing is known about their long-term impact. "It's really to some extent an experiment, trying medications in these children of this age," child psychiatrist Dr. Patrick Bacon tells FRONTLINE. "It's a gamble. And I tell parents there's no way to know what's going to work."
- Pediatric psychopharmacology.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Treatment.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Diagnosis.
- Manic-depressive illness in children.
- Bipolar Disorder -- drug therapy.
- Antipsychotic Agents -- therapeutic use.
- Behavior disorders in children -- Treatment.