|类型/形式：||Films for the hearing impaired
Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Marcela Gaviria; Daisy Wright; Will Lyman; Rain Media, Inc.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); WGBH Educational Foundation.
|注意：||Region 1, widescreen format; stereo.
Originally broadcast as a segment of the television program Frontline on January 8, 2008.
Special feature: Discussion guide.
|制作人员：||Written, produced and directed by Marcela Gaviria ; edited by Daisy Wright.|
|演员：||Narrator, Will Lyman.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (ca. 60 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|内容：||1. What is going on? --
2. DJ's story --
3. The debate and confusion over diagnosing bipolar --
4. Jessica's story --
5. The lack of data: what works? What's safe? --
6. The medication dilemma --
7. Solutions to the lack of knowledge --
8. Updates on the stories.
|其他题名：||Frontline (Television program)
Frontline (Television program)
|责任：||a Frontline co-production with RainMedia, Inc.|
In recent years, there's been a dramatic increase in the number of children being diagnosed with serious psychiatric disorders and prescribed medications that are just beginning to be tested in children. The drugs can cause serious side effects, and virtually nothing is known about their long-term impact. "It's really to some extent an experiment, trying medications in these children of this age," child psychiatrist Dr. Patrick Bacon tells FRONTLINE. "It's a gamble. And I tell parents there's no way to know what's going to work."
- Pediatric psychopharmacology.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Treatment.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder -- Diagnosis.
- Manic-depressive illness in children.
- Bipolar Disorder -- drug therapy.
- Antipsychotic Agents -- therapeutic use.
- Documentary television programs.
- Nonfiction television programs.