Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||John Palliser; John Ball; Edward Bulwer Lytton Lytton, Baron; Thomas Wright Blakiston; Chichester Samuel Fortescue, Baron Carlingford|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Palliser; Thomas Wright Blakiston; Great Britain. Colonial Office.
|Notes:||With: Papers relative to the exploration of that portion of British North America which lies between the northern branch of the River Saskatchewan and the frontier of the United States, and between the Red River and Rocky Mountains / by Captain Palliser. [New York : Greenwood Press, 1969, c1859].
At head of title and spine title: Exploration British North America.
A collection of four reports from Capt. Palliser to the Under-Secretary and Secretary of State for the Colonies, John Ball and Sir E.B. Lytton, respectively, dated May 20, 1859 to July 8, 1860.
Facsim. repr. of original ed. presented to both Houses of Parliament, publ., London, Eng. : George Edward Eyre and William Spottiswoode, for H.M. Stationary Office, 1860.
|Description:||75 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., contour diagrams, maps (1 fold.) ; 35 cm.|
|Contents:||Report of Captain Blakiston, magnetic observer to the Expedition, to the Under-Secretary of State for the Colonies, C. Fortescue, P.M., dated October 24, 1859. [p. 29-75]|
|Other Titles:||Exploration British North America.|
|Responsibility:||by the expedition under Captain Palliser. --|
- Palliser, John, -- 1807-1887 -- Correspondence.
- Ball, John, -- 1818-1889.
- Lytton, Edward Bulwer Lytton, -- Baron, -- 1803-1873.
- Blakiston, Thomas Wright, -- 1832-1891 -- Correspondence.
- Fortescue, Chichester Samuel, -- Baron Carlingford, -- 1823-1898.
- Canada, Western -- Discovery and exploration -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Northwest, Canadian -- Description and travel.