Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||F V Greene; Green family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
F V Greene; Ulysses S Grant; George Sears Greene; Nathanael Greene; George Haven Putnam; Theodore Roosevelt; William T Sherman; Emory Upton; Leonard Wood
|Description:||3 linear feet (6 boxes, 11 v.)|
Correspondence, 1801-1921, includes general correspondence; letters from Theodore Roosevelt, Major General Emory Upton and General William Tecumseh Sherman; and family letters. Spanish-American War papers, 1898-1900, contain orders, telegrams, accounts, reports, and some correspondence. Speeches, 1898-1918, were given by Greene as a soldier, businessman and police commissioner. Miscellaneous papers, 1801-1915, consist of a wide range of materials relating to all aspects of Greene's life and include genealogical information, orders, maps, memoranda, drafts of articles and reports, notes, photographs, and clippings. Bound volumes are orderly books (including 1776 orderly book of Nathanael Greene), writings on military tactics, diaries kept by Greene, and correspondence.
- Greene, F. V. -- (Francis Vinton), -- 1850-1921.
- Green family.
- United States. -- Army -- Drill and tactics.
- United States. -- Army -- Officers.
- Military engineering.
- Police administration -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Russo-Turkish War, 1877-1878.
- Spanish-American War, 1898.
- Philippines -- History -- 1896-1898.
- United States -- History -- 1865-1921.