Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Andrei S Markovits; Lars Rensmann
|Description:||xi, 345 p. ; 25 cm.|
|Contents:||Going global : sports, politics, and identities --
The emergence of global arenas : mapping the globalization of sports cultures between cosmopolitanism, nationalism, and localism --
The transatlantic transfer of sports and their cultures : institutionalization and diffusion --
A silent "feminization" of global sports cultures? women as soccer players in Europe and America --
A counter-cosmopolitan backlash? the politics of exclusion, racism, and violence in European and American sports cultures --
The limits of globalization : local identity and college sports' uniquely American symbiosis of academics and athletics.
|Responsibility:||Andrei S. Markovits & Lars Rensmann.|
One of Financial Times (FT.com)'s Books of the Year in Nonfiction Round-Up in the Sports list for 2010 "This book is a valuable contribution to the burgeoning study of sport in a global
- Sports and globalization -- Europe.
- Sports and globalization -- United States.
- Nationalism and sports -- Europe.
- Nationalism and sports -- United States.
- Sports -- Political aspects -- Europe.
- Sports -- Political aspects -- United States.
- Nationalism and sports.
- Sports and globalization.
- Sports -- Political aspects.
- United States.