|类型/形式：||Biography Juvenile literature
|提及的人：||Gary Paulsen; Gary Paulsen|
JoAnn Early Macken
|描述：||104 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|内容：||"You use what you are" --
Wartime and a military family --
Escaping from troubles --
Finding himself --
Good news and bad --
Lifestyle changes --
Sailboats, motorcycles, and more books --
"I never should have left dogs" --
In his own words --
Selected works of Gary Paulsen.
|丛书名：||Authors teens love.|
|责任：||JoAnn Early Macken.|
Gary Paulsen's life is a story of determination. He had to learn to take care of himself when he was still a child. As a teen, he often escaped family abuse into the woods, trapping, hunting, and fishing for food. He has sailed alone on the Pacific Ocean and mushed thousands of miles with a dogsled team. He has also been nominated for, and won, many awards for his writing. In his long and prolific career, Paulsen has authored hundreds of books, short stories, and magazine articles, as well as several plays. Drawing upon his own real-life experiences as an outdoorsman and traveler has helped Paulsen captivate countless readers, both young and old. These readers find hope in his tales of adventure and survival.--From publisher description.
- Paulsen, Gary.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Adventure and adventurers -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Young adult fiction -- Authorship -- Juvenile literature.
- Authors, American -- 20th century.
- Adventure and adventurers -- United States.
- Young adult fiction -- Authorship.