Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Lorraine Hansberry; Lorraine Hansberry; Lorraine Hansberry; Lorraine Hansberry; Lorraine Hansberry|
|Material Type:||Biography, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780737750225 0737750227 9780737750232 0737750235|
|Description:||195 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Background on Lorraine Hansberry. The life of Lorraine Hansberry / Contemporary Heroes and Heroines ; Hansberry's Life and work have been misinterpreted / Notable Black American women ; Hansberry is an inspiration to later writers and activists / Jewelle L. Gomez --
A raisin in the sun and gender. A raisin in the Sun depicts complicated male and female family relationships / Geneviève Fabre ; Hansberry depicts the struggle of an emasculated male hero / C.W.E Bigsby ; Walter must reclaim his role as family head / Paul Carter Harrison ; Walter becomes a man when he learns to be like his father / William Cook ; Hansberry's drama rejects the stereotype of the emasculating woman / Sharon Friedman ; A raisin in the sun is dominated by women / Anita Singh ; Hansberry's play depicts strong-willed women who refuse to be marginalized / Sally Burke ; Beneatha fights male chauvinism as well as her own flaws / Steven R. Carter ; A raisin in the sun is a protest against homophobia / Karen Ocamb ; Mama Lena is an acceptable tryant / Trudier Harris ; Hansberry sought to undermine the "mammy" stereotype / Lisa M. Anderson ; Black matriarchs should be admired / Mary Louise Anderson --
Contemporary perspectives on gender. Feminism has not made women unhappy / Barbara Ehrenreich ; Men should support feminism / Mandy Van Deven ; Black men and women should stop comparing their victimization / Stephanie L. Phillips ; The African American beauty industry is still controlled by white corporations / Susannah Walker.
|Series Title:||Social issues in literature.|
|Responsibility:||Gary Wiener, book editor.|
- Hansberry, Lorraine, -- 1930-1965. -- Raisin in the sun -- Juvenile literature.
- Hansberry, Lorraine, -- 1930-1965 -- Political and social views -- Juvenile literature.
- African Americans in literature -- Juvenile literature.
- African American families in literature -- Juvenile literature.
- Sex role in literature -- Juvenile literature.
- Sex differences (Psychology) -- Juvenile literature.
- Hansberry, Lorraine, -- 1930-1965. -- Raisin in the sun.
- Hansberry, Lorraine, -- 1930-1965 -- Social and political views.
- African Americans in literature.
- Sex role in literature.
- Sex differences (Psychology)