Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Marlou Schrover; Eileen Yeo
|ISBN:||9780415801720 0415801729 020386655X 9780203866559|
|Description:||viii, 185 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction: moving the focus to the public sphere / Marlou Schrover and Eileen Janes Yeo --
Gender and homeland in the Irish and Jewish diasporas, 1850-1930 / Leslie Page Moch --
Polish liberators and Ostarbeiterinnen in Belgium during the Cold War: mixed marriages and their differences for immigrant men and women / Machteld Venken --
Why make a difference? Migration policy and making differences between migrant men and women (The Netherlands 1945-2005) / Marlou Schrover --
Children's citizenship, motherhood and the nation state / Betty De Hart --
Gendered migrations and the globalisation of social reproduction and care: new dialogues and directions / Eleonore Kofman --
About cleanliness, closeness and reliability: Somali and Ethiopian domestic workers in Yemen / Marina De Regt --
Where are the girls? War, displacement and the notion of home among Sudanese refugee children / Lynette A. Jackson
|Series Title:||Routledge research in gender and history, 10.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Marlou Schrover and Eileen Janes Yeo.|
- Women immigrants -- History.
- Women immigrants -- Social conditions.
- Women immigrants -- Government policy.
- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
- Human beings -- Migrations -- History.
- Emigration and immigration -- Sex differences
- Geschichte -- 1850-2005
- Human geography
- Immigrants -- Social conditions
- Sex discrimination against women
- Sex role
- Women immigrants -- Social conditions
- Human beings -- Migrations.
- Women immigrants.