Handbooks, manuals, etc
Sharon DeBartolo Carmack
|描述：||152 pages ; 28 cm|
|内容：||Introduction : The silent woman ; Exploring women's social history ; Writing your female ancestors' stories ; About this book --
1. Sources created by women : Letters ; Diaries and journals ; Relatives' and friends' letters and diaries ; Finding letters and diaries ; Letters and diaries written by women like your ancestor ; Family bibles ; Family artifacts and heirlooms ; Oral history ; Legislative petitions --
2. Sources created about women : Research strategies ; Researching in original records ; Some typical and atypical sources --
3. Additional sources for ethnic women : African American women ; Native American women ; Jewish American women --
4. Methods for determining maiden names and parents : Solving identity problems ; Case studies ; Other genealogists' methods for identifying women --
5. Writing about women ancestors : Women's social history ; Social history topics ; Blending social and family history: some examples ; Documenting your ancestor's history --
6. From start to finish: a case study of Mary Fitzhugh (Stuart) Fitzhugh : Home sources ; Published genealogical sources ; Population schedules ; Probate and court records ; Slave schedules ; Social history research ; Reading Mary Fitzhugh's biography --
Appendix A : An overview of women's legal rights in America : Property, inheritance and divorce laws ; Naturalization laws ; Widow's pension application acts --
Appendix B : Matrilineal research and genetics --
Appendix C : Source checklist for researching female ancestors.
|其他题名：||Discovering your female ancestors|
|责任：||Sharon DeBartolo Carmack.|
Explains how to uses different sources to trace one's lineage.