Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Fabio Petri; Frank Hahn
|ISBN:||0415296919 9780415296915 9780203217610 0203217616|
|Description:||viii, 533 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction / Fabio Petri --
Introduction / Frank Hahn --
1. Existence of GE: are the cases of non-existence a cause for serious worry? / Elvio Accinelli --
2. Learning in intertemporal equilibrium models and the sunspot case / Aloisio P. Araujo and Wilfredo L. Maldonado --
3. Disequilibrium and stability / Franklin M. Fisher --
4. Statistical equilibrium in economics: method, interpretation, and an example / Duncan K. Foley --
5. Savings, investment and capital in a system of general intertemporal equilibrium --
App. I. The determination of the I and S schedules --
App. II. Two notes on Hahn on 'the neo-Ricardians' / Pierangelo Garegnani --
Mathematical note to chapter 5 / Michele Tucci
|Series Title:||Routledge Siena studies in political economy.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Fabio Petri and Frank Hahn.|
Also, the confrontation between advocates of different research programmes produces important clarifications on the basic disagreements and open issues, eliminating misunderstandings and creating the opportunity for more fruitful debate among economists of different persuasions.
The topics discussed include existence of equilibrium in infinite-horizon economies; incomplete markets; indeterminacy; stability; the relevance of the 'Cambridge controversies' for general equilibrium theory; expectation formation and learning; the microfoundations of macroeconomics; the long-period method; game-theoretic and evolutionary approaches to behaviour modelling; statistical equilibria; the differences between the classical and the general equilibrium approaches to value and distribution, and the roles of general equilibrium theory."--BOOK JACKET.