도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
French, Allen, 1870-1946.
General Gage's informers.
Ann Arbor, University of Michigan Press, 1932
|명시된 사람:||Benjamin Rumford, Graf von; Benjamin Church; Thomas Gage; Benjamin Church; Thomas Gage; Benjamin Rumford, Graf von|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
|설명:||xv, 207 pages : frontispiece, folded map, facsimiles ; 22 cm.|
|내용:||1. General Gage's secret information --
2. Lexington : The crossing "by sea." Mackenzie's and Lister's accounts ; The march to Lexington. Pitcairn's personality. His report to Gage. Lister and Sutherland on Lexington. Smith controls his men. Review and conclusions --
3. Concord fight : Captain Laurie's letter. How not to write history ; Mackenzie and Lister. The map. Lister's story of Concord ; Sutherland again. His many new details ; Laurie once more. His careful story of the Fight. ; The British tactics at Concord. Street-firing - modified. Why Sutherland was in the Manse field ; The "scalping." The declaration of British privates. General note on Concord fight --
4. Benjamin Thompson, Count Rumford --
5. Dr. Benjamin Church : More letters of intelligence. Church condemns himself ; Corroboration ; Church's methods ; His visit to Boston ; Church as director of the hospital. Charges and exoneration ; The cipher letter. Its discovery. His trial and imprisonment. "So much for indiscretion." ; The end of Church. Sickness and parole. Popular rage. "Whether living or dead God only knows."
|책임:||A study by Allen French.|
- Lexington, Battle of, Lexington, Mass., 1775.
- Concord, Battle of, Concord, Mass., 1775.
- Massachusetts -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Secret service.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Secret service.
- Rumford, Benjamin, -- Graf von, -- 1753-1814.
- Church, Benjamin, -- 1734-1778.
- Gage, Thomas, -- 1721-1787.
- Spies -- Massachusetts -- History -- 18th century.
- Espionage -- Massachusetts -- History -- 18th century.
- Massachusetts -- Concord.
- Massachusetts -- Lexington.
- United States.