Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Hyam Rubinstein|
|Material Type:||Conference publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Hyam Rubinstein; Craig David Hodgson; William H Jaco; Martin G Scharlemann; Stephan Tillmann
|Description:||xxii, 369 pages ; 26 cm.|
|Contents:||Survey and expository papers: What is an almost normal surface? by J. Hass The ergodic theory of hyperbolic groups by D. Calegari Mapping class groups of 3-manifolds, then and now by S. Hong and D. McCullough Stacks of hyperbolic spaces and ends of 3-manifolds by B. H. Bowditch Harmonic maps and integrable systems by E. Carberry Some of Hyam's favourite problems by H. Rubinstein Research papers: Almost normal surfaces with boundary by D. Bachman, R. Derby-Talbot, and E. Sedgwick Computational topology with Regina: Algorithms, heuristics and implementations by B. A. Burton Left-orderability and exceptional Dehn surgery on two-bridge knots by A. Clay and M. Teragaito Networking Seifert surgeries on knots IV: Seiferters and branched coverings by A. Deruelle, M. Eudave-Munoz, K. Miyazaki, and K. Motegi Commensurability of knots and $L^2$-invariants by S. Friedl The groups of fibred 2-knots by J. A. Hillman On the number of hyperbolic 3-manifolds of a given volume by C. Hodgson and H. Masai Seifert fibered surgery and Rasmussen invariant by K. Ichihara and I. D. Jong Existence of spherical angle structures on 3-manifolds by F. Luo 3-manifolds with Heegaard splittings of distance two by J. H. Rubinstein and A. Thompson Generating the genus $g 1$ Goeritz group of a genus $g$ handlebody by M. Scharlemann|
|Series Title:||Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society), v. 597.|
|Responsibility:||Craig D. Hodgson, William H. Jaco, Martin G. Scharlemann, Stephan Tillmann, editors.|
- Low-dimensional topology -- Congresses.
- Three-manifolds (Topology) -- Congresses.
- Manifolds and cell complexes -- Low-dimensional topology -- Knots and links in $S^3$.
- Manifolds and cell complexes -- Low-dimensional topology -- Invariants of knots and 3-manifolds.
- Manifolds and cell complexes -- Low-dimensional topology -- Geometric structures on low-dimensional manifolds.
- Manifolds and cell complexes -- Topological manifolds -- Topology of general $3$-manifolds.
- Manifolds and cell complexes -- PL-topology -- Triangulating manifolds.
- Manifolds and cell complexes -- PL-topology -- Knots and links (in high dimensions).
- Group theory and generalizations -- Special aspects of infinite or finite groups -- Geometric group theory.
- Group theory and generalizations -- Special aspects of infinite or finite groups -- Hyperbolic groups and nonpositively curved groups.
- Differential geometry -- Classical differential geometry -- Minimal surfaces, surfaces with prescribed mean curvature.
- Differential geometry -- Global differential geometry -- Differential geometric aspects of harmonic maps.
- Rubinstein, Hyam, -- 1948-
- Low-dimensional topology.
- Three-manifolds (Topology)