Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George A Lucas; Theodore Child; James McNeill Whistler; Antoine-Louis Barye; Félix Bracquemond; Alexandre Cabanel; Léopold Flameng; Norbert Goeneutte; Ludwig Knaus; Jules Joseph Lefebvre; Emile van Marcke de Lummen; Augustin Moreau-Vauthier; Oscar Roty|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|Description:||3.2 linear ft.|
Series 1, Subject Files, contains correspondence, clippings, photographs, exhibition catalogues and a few prints relating to artists, dealers, friends and others in the Paris art scene of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Most of the correspondence is between Lucas and artists about either purchasing their artworks or commissions for his American friends.
Series 2, Personal Papers, contains a few financial papers, Lucas' listings of works of art in his collection, the rather varied contents of one of Lucas' folders, and material relating to Theodore Child's book, A Mirror of Fair Women: Studies in Beauty and Elegance, published by Harper & Brothers in 1892 in an edition of 1000.
Series 3, Lucas Research Collection, contains materials found with the Lucas Papers that either were created by BMA staff members or outside researchers working with the Lucas Papers or that were obviously added to the collection after Lucas' death.
- Lucas, George A., -- 1824-1909.
- Child, Theodore, -- 1846-1892.
- Whistler, James McNeill, -- 1834-1903.
- Barye, Antoine-Louis, -- 1796-1895.
- Bracquemond, Félix, -- 1833-1914.
- Cabanel, Alexandre, -- 1823-1889.
- Flameng, Léopold, -- 1831-1911.
- Goeneutte, Norbert, -- 1854-1894.
- Knaus, Ludwig, -- 1829-1910.
- Lefebvre, Jules Joseph, -- 1836-1912.
- Marcke de Lummen, Emile van, -- 1827-1890.
- Moreau-Vauthier, Augustin, -- 1831-1893.
- Roty, Oscar, -- 1846-1911.
- Baltimore Museum of Art.
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- United States.
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- France.
- Art dealers -- France -- Paris -- Correspondence.
- Art, Modern -- 19th century.