|提及的人：||George Abbott; George Abbott; Stephen Sondheim; George Abbott|
George Abbott; Joel Siegel; WABC-TV (Television station : New York, N.Y.)
|注意：||No credits on tape. Title supplied by cataloger.
For the edited version of this interview as it appeared on Good morning, America, see NCOX 1729.
|演員名單:||Interviewer: Joel Siegel.|
|活動注釋：||Videotaped in New York, N.Y., June 1987.|
|描述：||2 videocassettes (U-matic) (35 min.) : sound, color NTSC ; 3/4 in.|
|其他題名：||Interview with George Abbott
Good morning America (Television program)
|責任：||produced for Good morning America, WABC-TV, New York, N.Y.|
A few days prior to his 100th birthday, veteran director/producer/playwright George Abbott discusses his career with interviewer Joel Siegel. He comments on colleagues he has worked with, on critics, and on Broadway's rising production costs. He also relates the famous story of how a new opening number saved Stephen Sondheim's musical A funny thing happened on the way to the forum, which he directed. This footage was later edited into a 2-minute segment for Good morning, America.
- Abbott, George, -- 1887-1995 -- Interviews.
- Abbott, George, -- 1887-1995 -- Friends and associates.
- Sondheim, Stephen. -- Funny thing happened on the way to the forum.
- Dramatists -- Interviews.
- Theatrical producers and directors -- Interviews.
- Musical theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Theater -- Economic aspects -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Abbott, George, -- 1887-1995.
- Funny thing happened on the way to the forum (Sondheim, Stephen)
- Musical theater.
- Theater -- Economic aspects.
- Theatrical producers and directors.
- New York (State) -- New York.